Standard Warranty Terms & Conditions
Below is an abridged version of the Standard Warranty Terms & Conditions, a full copy is available on request:
Data Duplication Ltd agrees to perform the services described herein in accordance with the following Terms & Conditions, for the equipment supplied.
- This agreement is made on the understanding that
- The equipment is in proper operating condition at the date of acceptance of the agreement by the Company. Attention required to put the equipment in such condition will be performed by the Company at its then prevailing rates.
- The equipment is in the Company’s opinion sited in a suitable environment.
- The Customer will be invoiced in advance on or before the first day of each new maintenance year. The invoice shall be due and payable on that date. Failure to pay the amount in full within 7 days will result in withdrawal of maintenance cover until such time payment is received in full.
- In addition to the charges payable hereunder, the Customer will pay for service at the rates then currently charged by the Company in respect of all repairs or maintenance or other works detailed in sub-paragraphs i, ii, iii and iv below.
- Undertaken at the Customers request outside the Company’s “normal working hours” “Normal working hours” are Monday to Friday between 9.00a.m and 5.30p.m excluding public holidays.
- Made necessary by accident, misuse, negligence, wilful act or default or any cause other than normal use.
- required as a result of attachments or alterations made by the Customer to the equipment covered under this agreement. The Company reserves the right not to repair or maintain the equipment if attachments or alterations thereto by the Customer or with its authority have in the opinion of the Company rendered the equipment dangerous or unserviceable in which event this agreement shall be suspended until the equipment has been restored to its original state by a qualified representative of the Company.
- Where the fault is caused by other equipment not covered by this agreement.
- This agreement does not cover:-
- Maintenance of diskette drive heads or printer heads with the exception of head re-alignment.
- Drive interface cables (power & data) for hard disk duplication systems.
- If, in the opinion of the Company, the equipment is subject to continual excessive use beyond that for which it was designed, the Company reserves the right to make such increase in the maintenance charges as is reasonable in the circumstances.
- The Company is not responsible for failure to render services due to causes beyond its control.
- The Customer shall notify the Company forthwith following a change in the location of the equipment. This may invalidate any on site aspect of any contract.
- The Company will not be responsible for any loss of business or profit or for any consequential loss however arising including delay in the provision of maintenance in accordance with this agreement or for any other reason.
- The Company reserve the right to charge at is current rates for service calls required by reason of the Customers failure to operate the equipment correctly.